DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hidden Colors - with a new feature

My abstracts are almost always created from a single image, using my (top-secret) processing method. (I have identified some few images as composites.) However, my process sometimes result in non-negligible black patches, which IMO suck the energy out of the resultant image.

So I have created a process (which I call 'mitochrome'), wherein I replace some black patches - which meet a certain criterium - with the corresponding regions (and colors) from another processed image.

LHS is the original 'hidden colors' image; RHS has the same image with the mitochrome process applied. (Notice that the LHS image has a few naturally occurring mitochromes.) What do you think - better or not?

the mitochrome process.JPG

David

It looks like the original Black spot underflowed (or went negative?) a look-up-table of some type. The new image- (just guessing) looks like you use the same (or close) LUT for the values in the underflowed area. It does make it look like a Fractal.

I'll have to dig out my M8 DNG processing code, uses the color values of each Bayer Cell as real/imaginary components to compute the Mandelbrot set. The image retains spatial features, with some hard-to-predict color values.

The image reminds me of the microscope slides of cells being attacked by cancer my wife generated a long time ago. We developed some image processing techniques to identify the cells, lots of spatial features extracted. The color scheme used reminds me of this.

It looks like the original Black spot underflowed (or went negative?) a look-up-table of some type. The new image- (just guessing) looks like you use the same (or close) LUT for the values in the underflowed area. It does make it look like a Fractal.
That's a possibility.

The 'mitochromes' look similar to the original image because they were obtained by the same method. That image lacked any large-scale structure and was less interesting to me. But a good source of mitochromes.

David

Back