CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Zeiss 60mm Macro lenses

G

Apart from the differences in size, weight and magnification ratio, are there any differences in the quality of images produced by the 60mm MM C lens and the 60mm AE lens? With an Aria body which would the size & weight of the AE version be a problem? Thanks for your answers and any other thoughts on these two lenses.
Dennis

P

pham_minh_son

Dennis,
The Zeiss S-Planar T* 60mm F2.8 macro lens is a very sharp lens with beautiful bokeh. The Zeiss 60mm C (stands for compact) is not popular because of the lower in quality. Get yourself the S-Planar.

Son

wang

I have two 60 2.8 now. The one made in Japan Nr 7958134 has the Makro-Planar written on it. I have been shooting it for a while. I agree that it has beautiful bokeh and skin tone.

The one I brought 2 days ago was made in West Germany Nr 6684541 has S-Planar written on it. Are these two lenses different ? I have not shot the second one yet.