DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Do photographers posting here want honest feedback, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I *somewhat* disagree.

I think feedback is just one of many things that help us get better. But I’d say that attitude (having an open mind), experience, the desire to improve, and education are all at least equally important.
Says a guy who suggests using an ignore button! Blinders anyone...?

Says a guy who suggests using an ignore button! Blinders anyone...?

I never suggested using it, I just said there was one available.

But, ignore buttons are useful if you think someone has really nothing to contribute. I think I'll try it out right now. Just as a test of course.

But, ignore buttons are useful if you think someone has really nothing to contribute. I think I'll try it out right now. Just as a test of course.
Try pressing the button on your Nikon instead. No photos in your gallery page, nor any challenge entries either on your DPR page - speaks volumes matey!

Last edited:

I just ignored him, I love it. What I would've said would get me in trouble. People like him should be...oh the internet.

@all

This is a controversial topic by definition and it will be almost impossible to find a perfect solution. Even a good compromise will be difficult.

Continue with your different opinions, but please no emotions. We will build here our old/new community on the fundament of a friendly discussion culture.

@all

This is a controversial topic by definition and it will be almost impossible to find a perfect solution. Even a good compromise will be difficult.

Continue with your different opinions, but please no emotions. We will build here our old/new community on the fundament of a friendly discussion culture.
Good call Dirk. Nice to see that things can be discussed here without heavy handed moderation. Test drive seems cool so far..........lol

What if we indicate our preferences in our signature? This way, those who are open to critique will get it and those who don't, will not be bothered

What if we indicate our preferences in our signature? This way, those who are open to critique will get it and those who don't, will not be bothered
What would that indicator be...? Please don't say a snowflake symbol, because the roof will fall in....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back