DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Do I Need A TLA 200 Flash

Has anyone managed to use a Nikon Speedlight on a G2? Just curious cos i have a SB26 and i dont dare try it in case it fries something electrical if they are not compatible. Anyone has any experience?

I've used SB28 with G2, works with A and M, but not in TTL-mode.No electrical problems afterwards in G2.

> Has anyone out there used a TLA280 with a G@? I have an opportunity to pick one up and would like to know how it works, Thanks in advance

I use the TLA280 if I want to travel light... It works allright with = my G2 and I used to get good results with my G1!=20

Frank.

I would appreciate any input with regardsto the issue of flash with Cob=ntax G2.
I do not want to buy or use the TLA 200 flash, is there any other strobes/flashes that I can use with my Contax G2 that will still give me TTL capabilties and also can be used off Camera.
I am specifically interested in Sunpak/Vivitar/Metz or other independent manufacturesrs.

I would appreciate any input with regards to the issue of flash with Contax G2.
I do not want to buy or use the TLA 200 flash, are there any other strobes/flashes that I can use with my Contax G2 that will still give me TTL capabilties and also can be used off Camera.
I am specifically interested in Sunpak/Vivitar/Metz or other independent manufacturers.

Hi Mo, The TLA 200 is a very good compact flash however you can use the Metz flash if you just get the SCA382 adapter, im sure Sunpack do there own shoe for Contax. I have not seen one for Vivitar but still use the 283 light machine. While it is not TTL it works very well on AP setting. Regards Bob

Hi

I use a TLA200 with my G2 and I am very happy. I have two Metz 42 too. I use them with the SCA382-Adapter for the G2. They work fine with my G2 in TTL-Mode.

If you own diverse camera-systems, it would be helpfull to own metz-flashes with their big choice of adapters.

Good flash

Hans

If anyone can answer my questions regarding the TLA200 and G2, I would be most grateful. The manuals are not written in a manner that I could follow and frankly I feel a bit follish about that!

If I am using the flash set on TTL, do I sent the camera on "Auto" or "X"?

If I am using TTL and the "Auto" or "X" (as hopefully you will
instruct) then am I able to adjust the aperature to my desire, or do I need to follow the formula at the top of the flash.

If I have to follow the formula at the top, could you explain to me how to use the formula in simple terms?

If you have simple directions for how to use the flash on manual and how to set the camera up for that, I would be ever so grateful!

Thanks for your time.  I really love the camera and flash, I think it is a great system.  I'd just love to be a competant user and not bring shame to all G-series fans!

Regards,
~A

Back