DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax T3

I have a question for all the Contax TVSIII users out there. It is my
understanding that this camera comes standard with 2 straps, one
carrying strap with embossed Contax logo and one hand strap. (The
carrying strap is different from the optional Contax Deluxe carrying
strap which is made of leather) I would like to purchase the carrying
strap with embossed Contax logo and would like to know if anyone knows
the part number or perhaps is willing to sell me theirs. Thanks.

Pete

Dear Experts!

I am planning to buy a Contax T3 and had quite some trouble to find suppliers that get me all the accessories in black, so I could now buy the black version.

However, I can't help to ask myself which of the two looks better and searched the net for pictures OF the cameras rather than those taken with the camera. I wonder, for ex&le, if the silver version really comes in the grey-ish tone that many vendors have on their shop sites, but they all use the same picture, which might not reproduce the colour adequately.

My question would be: does anybody know of websites where they have big pictures of the cameras in black and silver with good colour fidelity for comparison? Or would anybody who has the cameras and is able to make digital images that reproduce the colours well be willing to send me a few pictures attached to an e-mail?

I know this must appear to be a stupid question, but for that exaggerated price one would like to buy something that looks good.

Thank you for your comprehension and have a nice day.

I compared the two in person and found the black much better looking. I, too, had to special order the black filter adapter, but it was well worth the wait and the premium price I paid. At the same time, I thought the chrome looked pretty good too, so you probably can't lose either way.

Jimbo

Wow,

That was quick, thank you very much. In the meantime I stumbled over a Chinese page with a few pictures at http://DPgallery.com/resource/t3/

Somebody who owns the black version commented that the colour is not black, but rather similar to Zone 1 gray on a Zone System gray scale, with the darker part of the top plate in Zone 0 (jet black). Unfortunately, one never knows how much effects and tricks were applied to digital images, and I have yet to find good, big pictures of both cameras together. In black it looks better, but that dark gray is not so convincing.

Oops ... guess this is rather boring for anybody who has already got his camera, please accept my apologies.

Thank you very much for your kind support and have a nice weekend.

Fulminis,

pictures of the T3 in the net in black and silver will not help you. Your screen will definitely not reproduce the colour correctly. If you want to be absolutely sure, you have to visit a dealer. Otherwise look at ebay. This is the best source for it.

I found the black model looking not as good as the silver one. The silver one made a more solid and "value" appearance to me. I have bought a silver one.

Dirk

Well,

Of course you are right, but where I live it's already half a miracle that one doesn't have to mail order bread and butter, let alone cameras.
happy.gif

Although a digital image is never 100% adequate, the illustrations on DPgallery where better than nothing and helped me to come to a decision.

Thanks for all your support, have a wild Friday and Saturday night and a relaxed Sunday.

Contax T3 Travel Set/Kit

I bought the stuff too quickly ...

In Europe there is a Contax T3 Travel Set or Travel Kit, which consists of the Contax T3 Camera, the external Flash Adapter SA-2 and the external flash TLA200, all together in a neat little case.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find any illustrations or descriptions of the case. Does anybody happen to have one or know a link to some pictures of it? Even more interesting would be a place where one can buy the case separately, because I (and probably many others) already have the camera and the accessories.

Thanks for your support and have a great day.

I am a believer. I ranted about how small and unergonomic the T-3 a while ago. It is not perfect but now that I have used it for a while I am able to hold and use alot more effectively.

And the lens well that was never an issue. The optics and construction are first class.

I am very happy with the camera now. It is of somewhat limited use because of hand holding in low and the obvious non-slr short-falls. No way to control shutter speed manually.

But for general unobtrusive work it is a great, great carry everywhere machine.

Hint:dial in -.3 sometimes more depending on the camera and get much more printable and rich negtaive. You will fry in my case tri-x if you expose and develop according to the camera auto settings and kodak.

REMOTE WIRELESS CONTROL FOR THE CONTAX T3?

A question to the technical experts:

Having seen on http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/contax/shared/remote/ that Contax produces both radio and infrared wireless remote controls for their RTS III cameras, I wonder if anybody could think of a way to assemble a wireless remote control for the Contax T3?

The flash adapter SA-2 for the TLA200 is compatible with the Contax L-... Cable Switches, so the "only" thing to do is to use the L-... Switch part as a receiver for a remote signal from any of the widely available remote controls for cameras.

Rollei's remote controls are so tiny that they were even integrated in the lens caps (in case of the QZ 35), which is far more convenient and comfortable than carrying around 3 or 10 meters of cable.

Any ideas how to do it?

Apart from that, any information or source to purchase the case of the Travel Set from would still be most welcome.

What is the recomended method for completing a partially used roll of film in the T3? From reading the posts it seems that covering the lens while shooting through the frames is suggested. But I don't want to do this if the lens will be moving due to autofocusing. Any improvement on shooting frames in a darkbox (with the flash off?)
David

Back