DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil April 2003

G

The number of pictures you can take in a second unfortunately doesn't say anything about the shutter lag... The shutter lag is largely due to focussing, which you'll have to do only once in a burst (which probably isn't taken into accord with the fps rating). Usually digital camera's have a total shutter lag of about 1-1.4 s. With my Olympus C2100UZ ít's very irritating if you want a fast shot (but at least that one has manual focussing).

The TVS Digital has manual focusing too. I use the spot focusing (not wide) option and usually focus first with the focus lock button, then reposition the camera to the desired composition. Since the focus is locked, I can also position the camera to what I think is best for the proper exposure, hold the shutter button down halfway, then reposition for composition and shoot.

Admittedly this technique isn't appropriate for "fast" shots, but it works very well and takes very little time.

Also, the Macro ability works superbly.

Just got this yesterday. Seems to me that it has quite a bit of noise problem at higher ISO setting. Anybody has any clue how to get the most out of this camera? (ISO 80 Fine?)

Does anyone have any info on UK availablity of the TVS Digital? Jessops had it in their catalogue 1-2 months ago, but none of their branches (even the main London ones) have it.

None of the Contax dealers has seen any either.

> I saw a TVS Digital in the cabinet in London Camera Exchange, Guildford, last Saturday. I got bored of waiting and bought new Canon S50. See first results, unaltered, point and shoot on auto at www.pbase.co./gwyther/gallery/tower_bridge I think images look a little 'bright' but I am amazed at prints off old HP injet.

Peter, TVS Digital has been in the shops for over 3 weeks, a friend of mine got his before me from Jessops in London. I have seen it in 5 shops in London and also in Leeds and Manchester.
I called Kyocera and they told me the shops in my area that had them in stock, might be an idea to call them 01189 356300
The camera is surperb and I gather the first review is in Total Digital Photo later this month.
Bob.

Robert, thanks for the info. I must confess I haven't had the time to phone round in the last couple of weeks!

I have been using the TVS digital for a week now. I am very pleased with the camera. The image quality is excellent. It is a beautiful piece of equipment. I don't hesitate in recommending it.

I could sure use some help. I just purchased a TVS Digital and it is my first attempt at Digital. I went to load the Kyocera CD onto my computer that is running windows XP and get the message "The operating system is not adequate for running the Kyocera Camera USB Divice2". Do I really need to use the Kyocera product or is there another one in the after market that is better for a beginner? Thanks for your help.

Robert,
My message was month ago, since then I have also seen it. I was in Germany and could make a couple of test pictures. Although it was just a couple of snapshots, not taking all the time to set up the camera, I am very pleased by the quality of these first pictures. As good as my Nikon CoolpiX 5000 (although the camera is less versatile).
I will wait a while to see if there are teething problems popping up before I will buy my own. Oh as a side note: the camera is a little large (e.g. larger than the Kyocera S5, which it was identified with in this thread, and the Pentax Optio 4 and 5 MP)

Peter

Back