DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sigma 50-500mm DG OS HSM

PentUp

THis is my "go to" wildlife lens and it has never let me down. What can I say, when I am heading out for mega wildlife photography... it... goes too... :D

THis is my "go to" wildlife lens and it has never let me down. What can I say, when I am heading out for mega wildlife photography... it... goes too... :D
I used this lens a lot. I never own one, I always rented it whenever I had airshows to go to. It was quite good for airshows. Both end of focal lengths were useful.

Help...:oops: I am a thread that was born in the Third Party Lens Talk Forum... but I (this thread) now find myself so terribly lost and alone in a forum that is not about third party lenses at all... I (this thread) have no objection to Pentax lenses but would much prefer to reside with other thread like me (this thread), so that I (this thread) can hear the dulcit tones of members chattering away about Tamrons, Sigma, Tokinas et al and comparing their many virtues and foibles in like minded conversation... I (this thread) feel so terribly lost without my (this thread) Third Party Lens Talk home :confused:

On the contrary the Pentax users need to be reminded about what is out there. There are some lenses that are not always the best image quality so the ones that are a long reach yet good image quality have to be given some respect and shown to the pentax users again and again. Also such lenses can be quite a bargain sometimes. It may be better that you tell us in the Pentax forum also as 3rd party forum. Pictures are worth a thousand words perhaps with such lenses. Happy shooting. Spring is a great time for being there with wildlife as well as shooting them on your Pentax even with 3rd Party lenses. ( I use Sigma for wildlife too because their lenses are superb over the years ) Look forward to seeing some of your favourite shots posted here with your lens in case i see one around with a bargain price tag :p

Regards Dino26323

Back