DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax 137 Ever Ready Case Will it fit a Contax RX

G

Same question as before but different case... I really appreciate the last response- answered my question perfectly. So will a Contax 137 ever ready case fit an RX?

Thanks a lot,

Chris

HI Chris,
I have just tried my RX in my 137 case and the answer is not at all. The RX is too wide and too deep to even wedge in. A 139 will fit into the 137 case albeit a bit sloppily.

Regards

Paul in Liverpool, UK.

Hello, Chris
Did you find solution for your RX? I got my RX today and fell in same situation as yours. I'll appreciate it very much if you could share your experience. Thanks.
Jae from Chicago, IL

> [Hi Jae. I did a little more research and found that the cases really are not interchangable although the camera may actually fit. I also found out that the new ever ready cases made by Contax are not true ever ready cases and some people find them to be a pain to use. I think people found this especially true with the RX case. Most people said that the case it more like a toploader case and not a true ever ready. Someone suggested Zing cases and I was able to find them at Downtown Camera here in Toronto but they were not really what I was looking for. I ended up buying a Lowe Pro Toploader Zoom 1 on sale at Black's Photographic for 20 dollars Canadian. I bought it with the idea that it could hold me over and protect my camera until I found a better solution but it is actually a great bag and I am very happy using it. I do still check ebay regularly for the RX case. If the price was alright, I would still consider buying it

Hope that helps,

chris toronto. ]

Back