DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Admiral Tedolph

Tedolph

Admiral Tedolph here, landing in his Strato-Cruiser after escaping the wrath of the DPR Moderators.

Tedolph is pleased to report that he went out with a bang, receiving a permanent, eternal and life long ban from one of the DPR m4/3 forum Moderators.

Get ready for a wild ride!

Tedolph, Admiral

Tedolph Undersea Command

Good to see you here! I was also dropped into a "sandbox" over there for expressing an unpopular thought. FWIW - 2 of the 3 moderators from the DPR m4/3 forum are here.

Tedolph is pleased to report that he went out with a bang, receiving a permanent, eternal and life long ban from one of the DPR m4/3 forum Moderators.
Pease no bashing of moderators or users in our forum. We have a different discussion culture compared to other new places. ;)

Therefore, as long as you stick to the DPRF rules

:welcome-to-forum:

I hope this is true: "Therefore, as long as you stick to the DPRF rules".

If so I will hold you to your word.

DPR was famous for banning people who did not violate the posting rules.

TEdolph

Good to see you here! I was also dropped into a "sandbox" over there for expressing an unpopular thought. FWIW - 2 of the 3 moderators from the DPR m4/3 forum are here.
Thanks grsnovi. It is good to see you again.

Let's hope that the old DPR Moderators who are now DPRFourm Moderators will stick to the Rules.

Tedolph

Let's hope that the old DPR Moderators who are now DPRFourm Moderators will stick to the Rules.

They will, do not worry.

Same goes vice versa. I hope that the old bannend DPreview users who are now at DPRF will stick to the rules. I had to ban a few already and I am not very fast with banning, believe me :z04-yes:

I will make sure to read the Posting Rules before making any substantive posts.

Please be advised that I follow the Rules to the letter. I hope that the Moderators here will do so as well.

Tedolph

I hope that the Moderators here will do so as well.

tedolph, you only repeat yourself again and again. I told you there will be no problem as long as you stick to the rules.

If you think that you have a real problem with a moderator action in the future, you can always PM me.

That is normal and expected. You have to keep in mind, that not all users at DPreview were banned without a reason. The majority was banned, because they misbehaved. This is normal and part of running community forums. 95% behave correctly. 5% don't. In every forum, no matter where.

This is why an experienced forum management is necessary after a shut down of DPreview. :teufel-grinsend-schwanz:

All these banned people can walk now to every new place with a "white shirt" and can try the same behaviour again on the new places. If we would not be very careful with such a big userbase, a few trolls would kill every forum culture within a few days. :eek:

You can see this already at other places. I do not want to mention the domainname. :z04-nic-0075:

We read here every posting to make sure, that you have a better user experience and better forum-culture. :z04-bier01:

Back