DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Eurasian Blackbird in song

ootanaboot

It's an absolute pleasure to hear these birds, especially when you're stuck indoors and one visits your garden to sing for you.

Not sure what they sound like? >>> https://www.british-birdsongs.uk/blackbird/
2023-04-29_IMG_2175.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely birds, most of the time busier than busy.

Paul McCartney's song "Blackbird" was also inspired by the song of a Blackbird, never grows old on me.

Thanks for sharing.

Ray

Nice photo. I also love these blackbirds. Their song is very complex and varied, and I believe they sometimes mimic sounds they hear around them. Here's one that visited me right at the moment when I had my camera within reach.

P1090518-dprf.JPG
  • Panasonic - DMC-GX1
  • LUMIX G VARIO 100-300/F4.0-5.6II
  • 258.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/320 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 400

Thanks Ray, Box Man, Poldersnapper & DrLex.

@DrLex
You mention complex and mimic. I hear this too. Last year there was one Blackbird that would make a sound like a car alarm. It would go throught it's complex song and then just drop in a car alarm sound, very comical to hear.

This one seeks out the highest treetops to blast his song as far as possible. His eyes look a bit weird, as if there is some inflammation going on, but judging from his activity and singing performance, he doesn't seem ill at all.

P6111966-dprf.jpg
  • OM Digital Solutions - OM-5
  • 300.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/320 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

P6111967-dprf.JPG
  • OM Digital Solutions - OM-5