DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax G users in Chicago & suburbs

Well, I am a RX and 167MT user if that counts and I am in the city of Chicago.
Where are you?

I use an RTS III and an N1 - am also in the city of Chicago - around Lincoln Square. What labs do you use to develop your film ?

I also live near Lincoln Square. I use Helix on Racine. Got any tips on a better place? I am at Foster and Western basically.

I use a place called Triangle Camera - it's on Broadway south of Wrigley field...they are open on Sunday - easier to pick things up. I have had them scan some pix - but I think they have the low end of scanning equipment. Do you know if Helix does a decent job of this ?

I'll have to check out Triangle. Helix is ok. I scan my own stuff now so I cut out the middle man and get much better quality scans. I am thinking of buying a nice film scanner. I am a little camera crazy nowadays. It hit me hard. I love the RX. A little tank that is fun to use. I was lusting after that RTS III but it was a little more than I could afford and I wanted to have money for a wide angle.

I am at Lawrence and Central Park in Chicago. I only have Contax 645 with 140mm & 80mm.
I used to goto Excel Photo Lab on California near Devon. They are great lab. But they have recently moved to Wheeling. Their phone number is 847-215-6666.
Regards.
Steve

Back