DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

N mount wishlist again

wang

I read from the the other thread regarding the prime lens wishlist, I think it was in the n digital somewhere. What I want to ask is that a lot of people like the 35 f1.4 very much. I understand that is is a lot more expensive compare to the 35 f2.8, is it justify? if the n mount will offer this lens, it probably will cost well over usd 1000!

Ben

Most Contax (Zeiss) AF lense cost from $1300 to over $3000 which have very slow speed.

Lecia f/1.4 lenes cost average $2500 in US discount stores.

It would be reasonable, not a bargain though, if the Contax N 35mm f/2.8 cost $1000 and f/1.4 cost $2000.

Keep in mind quality (or nice feature in this case) is not cheap. :-(

lucky that I live in Hong kong, the contax gear here is relatively cheaper compare to us. the n-mount here is about usd~400(50 f1.4) to usd~1500 (17-35, f2.8).

for the c-y 35 f1.4, it cost around usd800, 35 f2.8 is usd300.

I don't mind paying for quility, I own 4 n-lens and it cost a small fortune but I feel happy about it.

However, it just make me wonder, since the 35 f1.4 is on top on the wishlist for n-mount, yet according to MTF of the c-y version, it is similar to 35 f2.8, does it justify with this nealy 3 times price different?

Ben

Sorry to be off topic but I am planning to visit Singapore and Bankok shortly. Can someone tell me the price there for N mount lenses as in India there is no official Contax delear.

Raj

I agree with a-Benjamin... I'd much rather have the f2.8 lenses: 25, 28, 35 and 85; or maybe an f2 duo as in the G series: 35 and 90, much smaller in size and diametre - an f1.4 35 would be bigger/wider than any 645 lens
lol.gif

Then I'd go N... Digital is still not where I need it.

Back