DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

"I had a question on this topic - ...Try activating the AE lock and you will find that the shutter speed reverts to the ambient setting...

If I have the 2nd option for AEL on half shutter depression activated, will this default the 1/60th flash setting? Do most turn off this 2nd option when taking flash photos with G1 / TLA200"

I may just do that this evening - but instant knowledge gratification is always favorable.

Now if I were a true team player, I would have my camera at work so we could solve this in real-time!

followup to :
...If I have the 2nd option for AEL on half shutter depression activated, will this default the 1/60th flash setting? Do most turn off this 2nd option when taking flash photos with G1 / TLA200...

I tested this out last night. Even with the 2nd option activiated for AE lock on 1/2 shudder depression, the 1/60th TLA200 default overrides. When I manually flipped AE lock it then held (at least in the viewfinder) the appropriate shudder speed.

Is it possible to view photos in gallery by type of camera? Is there a filter on the site that will allow this? And if not, would it be possible to set one up? Thanks

Shaun,

if the user did not fill this information into the descriptive fields, then you can not search for it.

There will be an update over the next 2 months, but I can not tell you yet whether this will be possible with this update.

Dirk

Well, I just ordered a used G1 with a Planar 45mm. When I asked if the camera had the green sticker, the salesman said the latter production cameras were all able to take the wide-angle lenses. Can I contact the manufacturer and give them the serial number to find this out?

I know already, from reading these posts and writing to Contax, that they fix the CD-ROM for $32...

Thanks for your replies!

Owning a G1 and having used a G2 occasionally I am also annoyed by the AF noise the G1 is making occasionally. My G1 makes that noise on both the 90 and 45 lens. This loud noise only occurs when the lens is being driven back from the focus position to the rest position.
The colder it is and the more the lens is facing upwards the more often this noise appears. Sounds like a dry clutch not fully engaged. Together with this noise I am recognizing a time delay on the way back to rest position.
Does anybody have experience with this phenomenon. Is there anybody who could make a repair manual available?

Thanks for your replies,
Christian

Back