DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New Contax ND

Derek,

Here it is:

http://improbablystructuredlayers.net/

Sorry, no new medium format scans, but there are a hoard of new ND shots from Java, Indonesia from my December trip. I think I got a bit carried away with the new Photoshop Shadow / Highlight tool, so I may have to revisit some of them again ...

DJ
In the process of getting snowed in ...

Derek, I'll attempt to place a couple of shots done with the Hasselblad F-110/2 on the test site here which allows bigger files. They are of flowers (all I could find quickly for you) shot @ f/2 while mounted on a Contax 645 via a Hasselblad to Contax adapter. I used a Kodak 645C ProBack digital capture.

DJ - Thank you! I'm still totally impressed (especially) by those China pix.

Marc - I appreciate your proposed efforts, but i was hoping for some 'people-related' imagery. I'm not really concerned about sharpness issues. More interested in bokeh and the 'character' of the lens. Thank you, but please don't go to any trouble on my account.

You guys are "the cat's...."

DJ-

I'm visiting your Java stuff now. Wow. I really love the color you get, whether it's with film or digital (esp. the Borobodur picture of the kids in red and white). Any secrets you'd like to share? Or, is it more a matter of the light, subject matter, and your composition? I just get more and more confused each time i see your stuff. Before i saw your China pix a few months ago, i was solidly in the "black+white only" world. Since then, i've been buying color books and seeing/wanting to see things completely differently.

I guess i just need to stop looking....

Derek,

Derek, Thanks for the kind words. I'm basically driven by light, color and texture to create the composition, especially unusual or contrasting combinations of such. I use Photoshop tools to bring these out as I remember what I was trying to evoke out of the image. It probably helps to have a somewhat twisted mind too
happy.gif
. I'm really more of an advanced snapshooter rather than an artist like Irakly, Marc and others in this forum.

Two words for you guys: SNOW DAY!!!!! I think I'll do the image detail pages for the Java gallery.

Cheers,

DJ

> Marc: Do you have images online demonstrating your use of the Hassy
> 110/2FE?

I'm not Marc, but I have lots of images taken with the 110/2 FE. Here is one:

http://www.darkroom.com/Images/LABOWL02w.jpg

(Unix server, is case sensitive).

The 110/2 is one of the most fantastic lenses ever produced, IMO. It is the most used lense of all my Hasselblad lenses.

Austin

Hey, Austin. Howyadoin'?
Thanks for that link. Do you have others online?

DJ:
I forgot you were in NY, as well. Yah, snow. Not as much as i thought we'd get, but still - ick.

Thanks, all.

I'm in total agreement with Austin (nice pic BTW).

I just got the hood for it today, I'm so pumped!

(little things are happiness these days : -)

Austin,
I'm sorry - i think the photo is lovely. Sweet. I wouldn't have asked to see others if i didn't like the first :)

So, yes, please - share more!

Back