DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Upload size limit - (automate?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please use selective quoting with the mouse instead of quoting the whole post. Makes reading a lot easier.

actually telling me the file size limit

This is as I said in the flow. We have since 2 days 20MB, but obviously that does not work with all files and I do not yet know why. Bear in mind, the images will be automatically shrinked. Same as at Cameraderie. You have to decide for yourself between quality and convenience.

Ok, testing now while the grand kid is busy. let's post a photo. I will use the "attach flles " button. here we go. _DSF9235.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, testing now while the grand kid is busy. let's post a photo. I will use the "attach flles " button. here we go.
WOOO, the jpeg I uploaded was 19.5 MB. It uploaded and showed as a thumbnail image in my post. I clicked it and it allowed me to bring it up and go full screen. Yes, it is much smaller I am sure but still IT WORKED IT WORKED IT WORKED!!!!! No need to make extra files, none of that embedding crap, this is great. The only thing then is getting as much quality of the photo as possible and Dirk is working on that too. Dirk, will you marry me? Same sex marriage in your state? We could even post our wedding photos right here, yeah baby!!

WOOO, the jpeg I uploaded was 19.5 MB. It uploaded and showed as a thumbnail image in my post.

Which image is this? Post #23? Can you send me that image in original size with dropbox or something similar and PM me with a link

Because my bigger images do not work

The only thing then is getting as much quality of the photo as possible and Dirk is working on that too.

Nope, this is an automatism of the forum software. I can not change the quality.

If you want to have better quality, you have to do the resizing yourself with LR et alii. That is the only way, if you really want to have the highest quality for your images.

Last edited:
Ok, gonna try again and look for this "full image" button so it will post the full image instead of the thumbnail, but even that doesn\t bother me as I usually click on them anyway to have a lo
_DSF9347.JPG
ok in full screen, so no problem with that anyway. Ok, here we go.

so it will post the full image instead of the thumbnail,

No, you did not look closely at the manual. Once you uploaded your image and not yet hit on reply, you see a miniature of your uploded image at the bottom. Go with the mouse on it, click on "insert".

Then 2 (!) options appear. a) thumbnail and b) full image.

Choose "thumbnail". This thumbnail is NOT the same as the miniature image you see at the beginning. Try it out with th same image. Thumbnails are 600x600.

WOOOO, getting closer. I foung the post full image button, it shows up on the thumbnail in the left to corner, just click once and then you will see a small pop up that lets you choose full image. Ok, worked great. This jpeg was 17mb, The file size was chopped down to 500 something kb, so hopefully that will be addressed, if it could show them at 4mb size that would be DONE and PERFECT

Ok Dirk, I see the quality will have to stay at 500 or so kb for this type posting, that\s at least functional for showing a general photo. As for these photos, I don't have them on any site, just on my hard drive. They are Fuji jpegs made with either Capture one or Fastone viewer. At least this allows us to put low quality files up for general viewing, that's something at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back