DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax N Digital

That's shocking for ISO 800, Marc. Is that an IS lens? If not, nice steady hands!

DJ, there is nothing shoking for ISO800. 1D Mark II delivers the same noise level (or should I say, lack of one) at ISO1250, and I would not expect anything less from a camera with the same brain, but larger eyes
happy.gif

Irakly, shocking to the MK II illiterates
happy.gif
. Now if I could only get my 1Ds MK II!

> Irakly, I looked at your two shots and the one at ISO 800 was just great. But I thought the one at ISO 3200 of the woman was an effective shot but looked flat and noisy ... like it was underexposed and then brought up in Photoshop?

Still though, a nice shot.

Thanks,

Michael.

Michael, it was exposed correctly, but I forgot to mention that I had to add some noise in Photoshop to my liking, I swear
happy.gif

Michael, the ISO 800 shot was mine using the 1DsMKII.

Here's what that camera does with ISO 3200 shooting the same worker at the same time as the 800 shot was done:

Canon 1DsMKII @ ISO 3200, 160th shutter, 180/3.5@ f/5.6

299665.jpg

It's mind boggling to think that a 1Ds with a 24 meg sensor is already being worked on and tested in an alpha version!

> Whoops. Sorry for the wrong credit Marc.

The ISO 3200 image is much flatter and has alot more noise than the ISO 800 image (at least on my monitor!). But hey, it is four times the sensitivity of the ISO 800 shot. We would expect some noise and a decrease in contrast!

Michael.

Back