DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Overview of the SL300R

Here's a lame Contax joke. We should all be happy, at least Contax gave us a digital SLR in 2003, the Contax SL300R, get it?

Many happy wishes for fellow Contax lovers in the new year!

Hope you weren't quoting someone off this forum
happy.gif

Cheers, Bob.

I played with this little camera at the big NY camera show this past Nov. 1st.

Next thing you know, Toys-R-Us will be selling Contax digital P&S cameras.

That's not a bad idea Marc. At least then there would be enough of them sold to fund a new N digital and fast primes for us lot.
Come On Toys-R-Us, and all, get selling them!! :))

Mummy .... I'd like a .....

Playstation 2
Barbie "Cook with me" Smart Kitchen

.... and a Contax SL300R.

"Only if you've been very good, Bobby"

(for the sake of my reputation ....I'll drop the Barbie Kitchen!)

BORED already with your new Contax SL300R T* .... the drab colour getting you down? .... so soon after it arrived in your Xmas stocking?

Then why not go for the latest variations announced recently! .....the all new Contax derivitives .......

Kyocera Finecam SL300R (2003) now available......

not only in the original 3 colours

169302.jpg

BUT ALSO......

In 6 new exciting flavours ..... EACH ONE A LIMITED EDITION OF 2 MILLION (I made that number bit up!) .... each one guaranteed to be full of flavour. If you get fed up taking pictures with them, you can lick them instead.... Hmmmm! I found the Blueberry one the best flavour! (I made that bit up too!)

169303.jpg

WAIT! ...... What? More.... surely there can't be more? ........ There is .....No! ..... YES!

I bet you are nearly wetting yourself with excitement ...... Well! Ok! Only a few of you more excitable types! The rest are just twitching in their chairs.

There's a LIMITED EDITION of only 10,000 ...... Pearly White, with 4 tone natty stipey pinky pearly panels and a lovely sparkely whitey painty bitty bit, where the old silvery metal bit used to be! (I didn't make this bit up!)

169304.jpg

Complete with special fluorescent sparkely strap!

These special variations have been soley produced for the Japanese market and will explain many of the complaints about lack of output in other product areas (like CONTAX SLR and DSLR and 645 and lens production, etc, etc.).

The poor old R&D guys have been so busy with their anodising kits that they have had NO time for anything else!

BUT ...... there is a more sinister reason for this massive investment in the SL300R. FAR more sinister!!

The big-wigs at Kyocera somehow got wind of my Yashica Family Tree Chart and calculated that, by now, their output would have filled the page and that there was no more room under the digital section for any more cameras. They made all these cameras JUST to force me onto another page, and upset the symmetry! Took me hours to re-do the layout.

LOOK! They've nearly ruined it! Made it all long and skinny and full of gaps. I cuss them for this ... far more than for holding up the production of more lovely Contax gear.

Old Chart

169305.jpg

New Chart

169306.jpg

Cheers

169307.jpg

Bob,
Where did you get the 'new' family tree chart? I tried to find on the kyocera.com but couldn't. The posted one is too small to read
sad.gif

Dave

Back