DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Imaging Resource Times Out

I wonder why there wasn't a huge cry to preserve the Imaging Resource's vast treasure trove of data during the time it was threatened with extinction? They usually seemed to be a bit more thorough than DPReview.

Because they did not have a forum.

Dave tells the tale -
I just saw this when I logged in to DPR.

"Unfortunately, I have the sad task of telling everyone that the site I first founded back in April of 1998 is indeed no more."

"It’s a long tale of woe, but the most tragic part is that IR was this close to finding new life under a subscription model."

Really sad.

I've spotted a For Sale Banner at Outdoor Photographer - The package consisting of OP, IR and Photography Related Media. $500K.

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 3.09.45 PM.png

Wasn’t IR the site that took over and continued SLRlensreview’s extensive database of reviews? Is there anything comparable out there?

It helps when you're trying to sell something if the buyers can see the product.
There's no new activity.

Back