DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

A Quick Question

CK Shene

Hello,

Just a quick question: Do you mind I post some historical Remarks on Cameras, SLRS and DSLR here? I ask this question because there are no appropriate forums here for these topics. DPRevived.com does have a History of Digital Photography form.

If I am allowed to post these topics, I will use Google Translate to translate some of my articles in Chinese to English and post them here. Please keep in mind that Google Translate very often produced funny results. For example, "太座" in Chinese means my wife or my better half; but, Google Translate returned "Too seat". I do think this is a direct translation because "太" means "too" and "座" means "seat." So, I asked my better half: Do you mind that I call you "too seat?" She actually LOL for a long time after knowing what Google Translate did.

CK

Hi CK,

just start posting. We will think about the best place for it later on. It is easy to move threads to different forums. Therefore do not worry. Just keep posting.

I will be interested in reading the articles. I also have a number of rare and historically significant lenses. Some cameras as well, the first full-spectrum DCS series camera sold by Kodak- the DCS200ir. Only cost an extra $4K over the price of the DCS200c.

Took me Twenty Years to put this collection Together. 1940s Nikkors in Leica Mount.

Would be nice to have a History Section or Collector's Corner.

Nikons_1940s.jpg

The 5cm F1.5 and 13.5cm F4 are from the same batch, within a few SN, of the lenses David Douglas Duncan used.
I use all of them on the M9 and M Monochrom.

Hello,

Just a quick question: Do you mind I post some historical Remarks on Cameras, SLRS and DSLR here? I ask this question because there are no appropriate forums here for these topics. DPRevived.com does have a History of Digital Photography form.

If I am allowed to post these topics, I will use Google Translate to translate some of my articles in Chinese to English and post them here. Please keep in mind that Google Translate very often produced funny results. For example, "太座" in Chinese means my wife or my better half; but, Google Translate returned "Too seat". I do think this is a direct translation because "太" means "too" and "座" means "seat." So, I asked my better half: Do you mind that I call you "too seat?" She actually LOL for a long time after knowing what Google Translate did.

CK

How about manual proof reading after auto translation? "Too Seat" might give little meaning to the other part of the world but "Old Lady" might be a fetal word to speak to wife for many...

I guess you might touched something on Exposure Triangle, Over Exposure, Under Exposure etc but at least on this lovely forum you might not receive a few thousands word lecture on the definition and followed by discussions that eventually will bury the original aim of your posting.

Can't wait to see something new here.

Hello,

CK
CK, old friend. I am sure that your articles will be welcomed here.

Just to pick nits - a "History of Digital Photography Forum" technically would not extend to a "History of Film Cameras Forum".

But I agree with Dirk's comment that we need interesting content and "Adapted Lenses" is not that far away from the cameras that they were originally used on. If it does mean making its own forum later then that will be because it has become a very interesting subject in its own right and can be converted into a separate forum.

I suggest that this also includes Brian's offer.

I can edit them as moderator to sort out obvious Google Translate errors as far as i can - and will be happy to do so.

Last edited:
Certainly the right place CK. Good to see you here. Just post away like you did on DPR.

Danny.

Back