DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Today with your Pentax

Here's today's catch.

Lilac by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII Limited Silver and Pentax-A 50mm f2.8 Macro taken at f6.7, 1/90s, and ISO 400

and...

Clematis by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII and Pentax-A* 135mm f1.8 taken at f2.8, 1/2000s, and ISO 100

and a bonus frame...

Modern Architecture by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII and Pentax-K 24mm f2.8 taken at f11, 1/90s, and ISO 100
Great. Keep them coming. Let's see plenty pentax shots in colour and BW. Thanks.
Regards
Dino26323

Thanks, Dino!

Today's walkabout was cut short by rain. Here's today's catch.

Saalkirche by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII and Pentax-M 28mm f2.0 at f8.0, 1/180s, and ISO 400

and...

Dogwood by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII Limited Silver and Pentax-K 200mm f2.5 at f5.6, 1/250s, and ISO 560
I need to get out and shoot spring shots. Thanks for this. (yes in colour )

Regards
Dino26323

Here's a couple from Wine Fest.

Brass Band by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII Limited Silver and Pentax-K 35mm f3.5 at f11, 1/350s, and ISO 800

and...

Carousel by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII and Pentax-K 400-600mm f8-12 Reflex Zoom at 400mm, f8.0, 1/90s, and ISO 800
It's really difficult to get a technically good shot from this lens, but I still liked this one.

Here's today's catch.

Playing with the 50mm lens wide open today...

Spirea by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII Limited Silver and Pentax-M 50mm f1.7 at f1.7, 1/2000s, and ISO 200

and still shooting wide open, this time with a telephoto, close to but not quite at minimum focus distance...

Poppy by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII and Pentax-A 400mm f5.6 at f5.6, 1/250s, and ISO 200

Here's a couple from Wine Fest.

Brass Band by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII Limited Silver and Pentax-K 35mm f3.5 at f11, 1/350s, and ISO 800

and...

Carousel by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII and Pentax-K 400-600mm f8-12 Reflex Zoom at 400mm, f8.0, 1/90s, and ISO 800
It's really difficult to get a technically good shot from this lens, but I still liked this one.
Very nice picture (well, the rest are not worse ;)) and surprisingly high IQ for a reflex lens (zoom!).
Regards,
Peter

Not quite today but two from Sunday.

I usually tell people I live in "Near Oxford" but I actually live nearer to Abingdon which has a tradition of throwing buns from the roof of a the tallest building in the town to celebrate royal events and we had a coronation so that was an excuse to throw 5000 buns I look the K1, I shoved the DFA 21Ltd in my pocket expecting to use the 300 end of my travel zoom to photograph people on the roof, but ended up at the back of the crowd next to the decorated post box. It just shouted "put this in the foreground and use the 21".

IM120798-Edit-3.jpg
  • RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. - PENTAX K-1
  • HD PENTAX-D FA 21mm F2.4 ED Limited DC WR
  • 21.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/250 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

I shot the picture with live view and the K1 tilting screen above my head, I had the AF point set to the centre of the LV screen which effectively was infinity for the 21mm The decorated post box is arms length in front of me, and ALMOST in focus at f/7.1 The amount of detail from the lens and general feel of this lens is great. But it leads me into doing shots I hadn't thought of when I set off to shoot.

There is a little post work, the sky was heading from bright to burnt out so it's been pulled back and the red of the post box was too dark so that's been lifted, and the shoot angle bent the lamp post and a little warp in photoshop has reduced that.

I also did a little panorama.
IM120761-Pano-Edit-2.jpg
  • RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. - PENTAX K-1
  • HD PENTAX-D FA 21mm F2.4 ED Limited DC WR
  • 21.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/500 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 200

Sadly very few buns got past the trees and none right into the corner where I was. My daughter was near the front with a tall friend who caught some.

Back