DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

How do you like i t here

On DPReview, it was a pain to go to the little skinny menu bar to find the list of forums. Here on DPRForum, it is so easy to move down the list to see other forums you want to snoop around in.
I don't agree, I much prefer the layout on DPR. Scrolling down each time to find what I am looking for is a right pain, The other problem I am having is I cannot easily find a login to this site on Google.:confused:

I don't agree, I much prefer the layout on DPR. Scrolling down each time to find what I am looking for is a right pain, The other problem I am having is I cannot easily find a login to this site on Google.:confused:
Click the reply button and the continuity is easy to follow and not a lot of scrolling involved - I am starting to get quite used to it ....

An auto-threaded view option and limited length threads might be more useful dpr like - but I will try this current set up for a bit before I make much noise for change.

ATM it is working fine for me and very obviously I have figured out easy posting of images .... :)

The other problem I am having is I cannot easily find a login to this site on Google.:confused:

Just use a bookmark in your browser of you do not want to type the few letters in your browser window ;)

I never knew about 'focal'world' but I think you gotta go with what feels more right for you. i.e. ease of use, friendliness, layout etc. One thing I noticed with this forum... When you reply to a thread, you can still see all the posts in the thread above where you are typing. Brilliant.

I had a look at focalworlds' terms regarding our image rights, and they seem to be similar as here, except this site doesn't explicitly say 'You retain copyright over the Content'. I'm not in the small print business so maybe I read it wrong.

focal world - https://www.focalworld.com/help/terms/
"You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content."

dprforum - https://dprforum.com/terms-of-use/
"1.5 With the publication of contents the users themselves – or in the name of the copyright owners – give the owner the non-exclusive right, to duplicate, modify, change, publish or translate without any restriction of time and location on these sites."

This is all lawyer language. As someone else wote already, the sentence "you retain..." is superfluous, because the wording "non-exclusive right" sais the same already. We only get a licence from you to use the images on our sites/social media etc.. But you still are the licence owner. You can give a licence to as many sites as you want to, but you are still the owner.

As soon as a wording like "the exclusive right" appears somewhere, the alarm clock rings. Because then, you are not the owner anymore. You gave the ownership exclusivly to only one site and you can not do it a second time.

Sometimes I like things a little more clear written, but what you and PentUp have said backs my original assumption.
Thanks for your clarification dirk, much appreciated.

So far, I like it here. Navigation is intuitive and fast. Volume is still low, but signal to noise ratio here is much higher than at Revived. I've seen mostly good natured people sharing images and information here, with a minimum of snark and irritation. I also like how this place has attracted a healthy cohort of Pentaxians... makes me feel more at home. :D

I also like how this place has attracted a healthy cohort of Pentaxians

I think almost everybody had a Pentax at least once in its lifetime. If not they better do it now :teufel-grinsend-schwanz:

The other problem I am having is I cannot easily find a login to this site on Google.:confused:

???

Google has nothing to do with us. Could you please explain in more detail what exactly you mean? Or show a screenshot?

Back