DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

N1 lovers ALERT plus N screen saver

Marc...guys,

Haas anyone actually used the 400mm? Thoughts? It's pretty darn tempting
happy.gif

Kent

Dermot,

Thanks, I read the thread. I am amazed at how few people have actually handled the lens. I don't think my local, rather large, Contax dealer had one on display.

Anyway, thanks for the pointer. Any other feedback would be great as well.

Take care,

Kent

As soon as I get the 400mm it gets tested to death. If it's ANYTHING like the 350/4 it'll be a winner I'm sure. As soon as I know, you'll know.

As soon as I get the 400mm it gets tested to death. If it's ANYTHING like the 350/4 it'll be a winner I'm sure. As soon as I know, you'll know.

Just a message to Christopher Engeler. I am sure it will be worse to use a digital SLR with a crop factor and a smaller lens for this purpose. The higher is the cropping factor,the more is the lost of resolution. Full frame 400 4 produces images to die for, don't compare this with partial f.

Well,I am happy with the idea of using OM lenses on the E system. OM lenses are designed for smaller frame than the conventional 35 mm,they will produce good image quality on the E system. So is the new Canon EF-S lenses,they are designed for smaller frames,with its distance nearer to the light sensing area,again they produce good images.
Well, 35mm SLR lenses on partial frames,forget about it.

Hello Chi,
You must mean the old Olympus Pen half frame lenses. Ordinary 35mm lenses cannot be designed for a smaller frame than 35mm.
John

Back