DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

T3 ok to be shaken

jap_e

Lately I've been taking my T3 during various mountain bikes trip. It's stored in a bag that's attached to the rear bike rack. Now, I am a bit worried that all this jiggling & rattling for hours might do harm to the "delicate electronics" to my T3.

Can someone confirm my fears? So far, my T3 hasn't had any problems yet. Should I continue to bring it on my bike trips or leave it at home?

Thanks for any advice.

If it were me, I'd keep the T3 in a fanny pack and not in a pannier bag attached to the bike. It has to be taking a pounding back there and at some point something's going to fail or get knocked out of alignment. Road biking would be okay so long as it's stored in a foam-lined case and you're not touring on European cobblestones.

FWIW I take my T3 backpacking all the time and have never had any problems, with the exception of the time it got soaked.

Back