DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Whats your favorite G lens and why

> Hans and Lynn,

Thank you for the information. The link Lynn provides makes the point very clear.

Bernard Yomtov

Hi just to add to the posting about prespective,prespective is a function of viewpoint not focal length if you take two photographs from the same viewpoint with differant focal length lenses and enlarge an area of the one taken with the shorter focal the prespective will be identical. the assumption that it is a function of focal length springs from the fact that normaly to maintain image size you move viewpoint.

45mm planar. the 90 is not fast enough, the 28 is sharp but boring and the 21 is fun but somewhat hard to compose with. the planar is a pretty damn fine optic, easily up there (at f2.8 and above) with a summicron, which is a pretty fine glass in its own right.

<font size="+1">I'm a big fan of the 45mm lens becasue of it's sharpness and the way it works with slide film. The contrast and saturation are incredible.

This is a difficult question to answer, because my favorite lens depends on the kind of photography that I happen to be doing at any given time. For portraits, the 90mm is absolutely fantastic. I think that this may be the most underappreciated lens in the entire G lineup. For general shooting and landscapes, I use the 45mm most often.

Back