DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Macro with SD14

I want to put on record that likes are welcome, but even more so are well-intentioned comments, no matter how negative, that are made with a minimum of education.

I want to put on record that likes are welcome, but even more so are well-intentioned comments, no matter how negative, that are made with a minimum of education.
I'm always one to ask questions, for myself and others. What I like in your shots is the depth of field of your subjects. Would you mind explaining how you take the macros? Which lens, generally what settings and conditions? For example, I've been trying without much success to take macro or very tight close ups. I think my aperture isn't tight closed enough (ie a high f/ number) to get the depth of field I wish. I'm getting a small area in focus only, the rest is a mess, ie too wide aperture. Thanks

I'm always one to ask questions, for myself and others. What I like in your shots is the depth of field of your subjects. Would you mind explaining how you take the macros? Which lens, generally what settings and conditions? For example, I've been trying without much success to take macro or very tight close ups. I think my aperture isn't tight closed enough (ie a high f/ number) to get the depth of field I wish. I'm getting a small area in focus only, the rest is a mess, ie too wide aperture. Thanks

1-Sigma 50mm macro, f4.5, 1/125, iso 200, No flash.
2-Sigma 50mm macro, f4.0, 1/125, iso 100, No flash, Raynox 250.
3-Elmarit 60mm macro, f11, 1/125 iso 400, Flash.
4-Elmarit 60mm macro, ?, 1/100, iso 100, No flash.
5-Sigma 50mm macro, f5.5, 1/60, iso 200, No flash, Raynox 250.
6-Elmarit 60mm macro, ?, 1/200, iso50, No flash, Two shots panorama.

In macro, what amuses me is a minimum field depth (open diaphragm) and natural light (or subtle flash).
That the sensor and the subject are parallel, it will make a difference. The fourth photo is a good sample of this, although the depth of the field does not allow to focus the entire flower, it does allow to focus the entire butterfly and the stem, because they are parallel to the sensor.

a57.jpg

SD14, f5, 1/320, iso 200 whit Raynox 250.

I hope the translator has done his job well :rolleyes:

Back