DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Be careful with ND offers on ebay

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
FYI

if you are following ND offers on ebay, please check very careful the sellers. There is a new auction of a ND from a seller in Toronto:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7511079640&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:DE:1

the same seller was offering a ND a week ago:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7507334300&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I do not think that a sale actually happened. I guess the seller is bidding himself or with the help of some friends on a higher level. Since his price last time was above other prices for new N Digital with warranty from officila dealers on ebay and his ND is second hand, I would be very careful.

The username of the seller is "robertb5910", he/she has no rating yet (surprising if he sold last week his only ND).

For his last auction, I sent him an e-mail but he never came back to me. So everything looks very suspicious...

...yes

I think we all dream of an ND, but we should be cautious not to get to greedy and forget common sense. Sellers with no ratings or no response or strange bidding behaviour of other ebayer on this item, we should take it cautious.

Additionall, if there are US-based dealers on ebay that are selling a brand new ND with warranty etc. between 2500 and 3100 USD, a second hand model must be significant lower than this.

I wonder, why so few bought an ND, when it was launched. It would be a desaster and strategic mistake of Kyocera Marketing in Tokyo, if it turns out that the main reason for the bad salesnumbers have been the official list price...

Just image a lower official price on the ND last year, i.e. 3500-4000 USD. Would that have been enough to avoid the current situation now?

... maybe with a N35/1.4 on top of that andan NXD for 2500 USD, 6MP fullsiue chip...

As we see it now with Nikon - they launch a D50 and a D70s these days, both with "only" 6MP - 6MP seems to be enough for most users, if it is not too expensive...

I immediatly would report this guy to eBay, and include above link to the list of bidders.

FYI

this guy I reported on April 27 is doing it again! A used ND is on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7515560396&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:DE:1

Same guy, same rating (0), same camera and I guess same price when the auction is ending
happy.gif

So please do not bid on this one, I will try to contact ebay for this. I hate it to play the police, but if he continues like this, oters will be damaged. Just imagine that there are real buyers and they send him money and he might even not have an ND...

For what its worth, I purchased a new ND open box on ebay last month from Legend Micro. Several of the images shot apear to have a pixel line which runs through them. I have sent a couple e-mails to legend and received no response. I have then subsequently sent it in to Tocad for repair. I sure hope the damn thing was new and that the warranty card is in effect. Tocad says it will be 10-14 days before they get back to me. I'll post what happens.

Hi Mark,

thank you very much for this information. This will help others to make sure to ask the right question before an auction ends the next time.

Is this pixel line visible in Jpegs and RAW files or only in RAW?. If it is only in one of both, it might be only a software problem (let's hope) ...

Mark,

Just as an FYI.... I believe ToCad will forward the ND to Japan. I believe ALL ND repairs are forwarded to Japan for service. I mention it just so you are not surprised if it takes a while to be repaired.

Mine has a back focus problem so it will be making the trip pretty soon as well
happy.gif

Kent >

Back