DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Be careful with ND offers on ebay

Hi Dirk,
There was also a seller a few months ago based in London doing the same thing. The ND was said to have been in England, so I said if I bought it could I pick it up and pay direct. It turned out that it was in Italy and if I payed a 'buy it now' price up front they would ship it to me. No way would I do that!! That would be the last I would see of the money. They did it a couple of times. I reported them but I didn't get a reply.

Paul

FYI

ebay deleted the auction and excluded the seller. This is the emial I got:

"Dear Dirk...,

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 7507334300
Item Title - Contax N Digital Camera in Box Mint

... We recently removed all of this seller's listings and have suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

If someone claiming to be the seller asks you to complete a transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you ignore the request. Transactions for items listed on eBay that are completed outside of the eBay marketplace are not covered by the Buyer Protection services offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud.

If you have not sent payment to the seller, we urge you to not proceed with the transaction.

If you have already paid, you may wish to pursue options to recoup your funds. Some steps you might take include:

1. Ask the seller for a refund
2. If you paid by check, ask your bank to stop payment
3. If you paid by credit card, contact your credit card company's security department
4. If you have made a payment by money order or wire transfer, you may contact that company for further information at 1-800-325-6000 (Western Union), or at 1-800-926-9400 (Money Gram)
5. If you paid with PayPal, review the Buyer Complaint Process at:

/csg/p?www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections-buyer-outside

6. Review eligibility requirements for eBay's standard purchase protection program at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/isgw-fraud-claim-requirements.html

There are many tips on how to protect yourself with any Internet transaction in the eBay Security & Resolution Center located at:

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter

Our goal is to ensure that your eBay experience is safe so that you can buy confidently. It is rare that something goes wrong with a transaction on eBay, but we're here to help you protect yourself in the event it does. If you have additional questions, please send us an email using the "Contact Us" link found on eBay Help pages. Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

Regards,
Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc"

I hope this guy does not try the same thing in the future with a different name...

As a follow up to my post, I wanted to let everyone know that the ND I purchased on ebay from legend micro was accepted by Tocad under warranty
happy.gif
and was shipped to japan for repairs. I can't wait to get it back and start using it,

Mark

I e-bay bid on an ND recently, but the price went to high at the end (over $3,000.). Interesting all the buying frenzy surrounding the very camera that brought Kyocera to it's knees. If that camera had been this successful 2 years ago, we'd probably be seeing the ND2 about now ... and more N lenses in the system.

I also had (still have) an ND with a razor thin line of hot pixels. The line only shows up in the RAW files. I discovered it after the warranty was up because I was never able to effectively process RAW files until Adobe included the ND in their ARC. I doubt it is the software. When I use tiff or J-Peg in camera it disappears, but that's probably because of the in-camera processing. But the ND is so good at J-pegs because of the seemingly wider D-max (due to being a CCD?), and the tiny buffer problem is eliminated with J-pegs, that I ended up shooting it on J-Peg all the time anyway.

Everything is timing. If, upon launch, the ND was supported by Adobe's Raw Converter, or had adopted Adobe's DNG universal RAW file format, and had a better power source like that available today (2500 mAh), I wonder what would have happened?

You don't realize what you have until it's gone : -(

> Pleased that worked out for you Mark. It's bad enough to make the > investment you made and not having a working camera, but to have the > seller fluff you off is criminal. gary merideth

Back