DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

OM System 12-45mm f/4 vs. 12-40mm f/2.8

Obviously goes somewhere towards offsetting the rah-rah of having a FF sensor. I have always wondered if allowing a smaller sensor to uprate the detail via multiple captures would close the gap of perception. With increasing capture speeds and a sophisticated algorithm it might just be getting there. But I have been using my gear more for quick capture documenting purposes rather than needing high resolution detail of something extra special. Must give it a try just to see for myself.
HHHR (and HR) is a nice feature that has offset my FF use for work like landscape, architecture, urban scenes, still life, product photography, macro, and real estate. Makes for big quality from small kit: https://www.mitropoulos.photography/High-Res/

Obviously goes somewhere towards offsetting the rah-rah of having a FF sensor. I have always wondered if allowing a smaller sensor to uprate the detail via multiple captures would close the gap of perception. With increasing capture speeds and a sophisticated algorithm it might just be getting there. But I have been using my gear more for quick capture documenting purposes rather than needing high resolution detail of something extra special. Must give it a try just to see for myself.
Where I find the HHHR most compelling is for static night street scenes where I can set my ISO at 3200 or higher to keep the shutter speed up. The image stacking almost eliminates the noise in the dark areas making pulling detail from the shadows much easier.

HHHR (and HR) is a nice feature that has offset my FF use for work like landscape, architecture, urban scenes, still life, product photography, macro, and real estate. Makes for big quality from small kit: https://www.mitropoulos.photography/High-Res/
Excellent images and so many of them. Oh to have the time and the patience to even try to get this sort of a collection together.

My easy-style has been more is it a picture? type stuff. I was getting my kicks out of old places and make them into more like line drawings. Hard to explain but I think what I was doing was not unknown but the way I did it was more 'my style' hard to say this but it was not HHHR or anything like it as is being discussed here.

Obviously the branch of the certain type requires older style heritage buildings and there are not a lot to be had fairly close by here. Which went from a remote quite poor timber exporting port village of about 3,500 population in the 1950's to a small city of 70,000+ with a university and the busiest regional airport in our state.

It has been 'found' but there were no substantial old buildings built to last.

I might post up some of my reworked images just for interest's sake in a separate thread.

They don't just happen and there is a lot of post processing work involved.

Where I find the HHHR most compelling is for static night street scenes where I can set my ISO at 3200 or higher to keep the shutter speed up. The image stacking almost eliminates the noise in the dark areas making pulling detail from the shadows much easier.
I really must try it Gary. It has been on my bucket list for a while now. It sounds like something that would become addictive.

Excellent images and so many of them. Oh to have the time and the patience to even try to get this sort of a collection together.

My easy-style has been more is it a picture? type stuff. I was getting my kicks out of old places and make them into more like line drawings. Hard to explain but I think what I was doing was not unknown but the way I did it was more 'my style' hard to say this but it was not HHHR or anything like it as is being discussed here.

Obviously the branch of the certain type requires older style heritage buildings and there are not a lot to be had fairly close by here. Which went from a remote quite poor timber exporting port village of about 3,500 population in the 1950's to a small city of 70,000+ with a university and the busiest regional airport in our state.

It has been 'found' but there were no substantial old buildings built to last.

I might post up some of my reworked images just for interest's sake in a separate thread.

They don't just happen and there is a lot of post processing work involved.
A set of images here - could not be further from HHHR :) 2006 vintage apparently - just seems like yesterday

Back