Film Magazine ?

Discussion in 'V-System' started by vandevantersh, Nov 6, 2008.

1. vandevantersh

vandevantersh Well-Known Member

Is (30 30212) the correct number for the latest (1985) A12 film Magazine or is there a newer "New Style"?

Steve

2. polypal

polypal Well-Known Member

It is the correct number but the latest model was introduced in 1997 with the holder for the darkslide fitted to the rear of the back.

The last technical improvement was made in 1985 with a modified pressure plate and "brakes" to increase flatness of the film.

3. vandevantersh

Same # ? Interesting that that they added the darkslide holder later..it is available on latter pre-1985 A12s. How does one protect the darkslide without the holder?

Steve

4. wbulte

wbulte Well-Known Member

You stick the darkslide in your pocket :lol: Hasselblad took a while to "see the light" between improving the insert of the cassette and adding the darkslide holder.

Wilko

5. polypal

A while like in 20 years?
    A Japanese camera manufacturer offered this simple solution at the end of the eighties.
    Dark slides are best left in the pocket of a shirt unless you tie your shoelaces several times a day. Then the dark slide slides out of the pocket and may be lost.
    Storing in the pockets of atrouser is not recommended.
    It causes bent dark slides and a painfull upper leg.

Being conservative in design often has advantages. This is an example where accepting progress took too long.

6. wbulte

wbulte Well-Known Member

Well.. a little while in Hasselblad terminology. They are indeed a tad slow. For example my 1950s Pentax-en are still running fine with their original lubrication, unlike the greasy goo Hasselblad and Zeiss prefered :lame: Keeping up with technology does have its merits.

Wilko

7. evanjoe610

evanjoe610 Well-Known Member

Steve,

Lindahl has an aftermarket Dark Slide Holder available for sale. If you are located in the USA, go onto B & H Photo website and search for the Lindahl Dark Slide Holder. Here it is below:

Dark Slide Keeper Accessory for Hasselblad Film Backs

• Mfr # 162005
    • B&H # LIDSKH
    The cost is $15 each. At one point, it was available for $7.95 each and buy 4 for $30. Those times are gone. I use them on my older non Hasselblad DS holder backs and they work like a charm. Better then using your pocket if you wear t-shirts or shorts in the warm mnonths!!

8. polypal

The invention of multigrade lubricants is kept a secret for Hasselblad engineers.
    I had my silver C lenses cleaned and lubricated with high grade synthetic lubricants in the seventies.

Took them on a trip to Iceland immediately after the service job.
    They behaved perfectly during that trip and many more years after that.
    I sold them when I upgraded to CF lenses.

Paul

9. vandevantersh

10. ZEISSIG

ZEISSIG Active Member

TIP: The latest film magazine for the KIEV 88 can be changed to can be used with any V-Hasselblad. The modernized magazines can be loaded easily from the rear and have also an double exposure possibility! Send me an PM to give you the repair source.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Victorh

Victorh Well-Known Member

You must be kidding. Fitting K... film backs to a Hasselblad body is like trying to win a race in a Ferrari with a two stroke Trabant engine.
    Do you have any idea about small tolerances of the film plane with Hasselblad cameras?
    K... is well known for a total lack of production control. If you are after oof images go the K...route.

There are quite enough decent used Hasselblad film backs available at modest prices.
    Go for the version with redesigned insert. It has two "brakes" to keep the film flat on the pressure plate.
    The pressure plate is profiled for optimum film plane.
    From my memory starting in 1985, RC code.

12. ZEISSIG

ZEISSIG Active Member

Before any complaint, the latest KIEV magazine should be used on a HABLA!