By dirk on Sep 6, 2018 at 8:55 AM
  1. dirk

dirk CI-Founder

Camera brand:
    many/ see my profile
    City/ Country:
    Germany
    Fuji announced today the successor of the Fuji X-T2. Although the modelname does not sounds like a big upgrade, Fuji surprised me with the feature list and improvements over the X-T2 and X-H1.

It looks like the X-T3 is a lot more attractive than the X-H1, although it has unfortunately no IBIS. But the list of improvements vs. X-T2 and X-H1 are impressive. In both worlds, video and photography. See also the videos below to get a first impression.

Better AF (still & sports) better facetracking, better viewfinder, 2 UHSII card slots, better video, etc. pp.

Finally, the Nikon D500 gets also from Fuji real competition.

And all this cheaper than before! As you can see, competition is good :)

Available end of September. Price $1499.-

pic_additional_01.jpg

pic_additional_02.jpg

pic_diagram_01.jpg

pic_diagram_03.jpg

Press release :

Comments

Discussion in 'Fuji' started by dirk, Sep 6, 2018.

1. dirk

dirk CI-Founder

Camera brand:
      many/ see my profile
      City/ Country:
      Germany
      As always I post here some videos so you get a better impression on what to expect from the Fuji X-T3:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
      #2 dirk, Sep 6, 2018
      Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    2. dirk

dirk CI-Founder

Camera brand:
      many/ see my profile
      City/ Country:
      Germany
      More images. For higher resolution, please click on the image.

X-T3_Black_BackObl_MonitorUP_XF18-55mm_01.jpg

X-T3_Black_Front_XF18-55mm_01.jpg

X-T3_Black_LeftObl_XF18-55mm_01.jpg

X-T3_Black_LeftSide_XF18-55mm_01.jpg

X-T3_Black_RightSide_XF18-55mm_01.jpg

X-T3_Black_Top_XF18-55mm_01.jpg

X-T3_Silver_LeftObl_XF18-55mm_01.jpg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    3. biggles3

CI-Supporter

City/ Country:
      Wales
      It's a significant upgrade to its predecessors. I have always loved Fuji glass (I still use my GX680III with a host of lenses) and have bought the X-Pro and X-T1 along with X-M1 and X-A1 in the past and loved them too. However, when Olympus brought out the E-M1 it was a game changer for me as I shoot a lot of macro and its in-built focus-stacking is invaluable. If Fuji incorporates this facility, I will have a real problem as I have grown to really enjoy using my Olympus and its range of mZuiko lenses. The less extreme crop factor of the Fuji system might just swing it - but I need that focus-stacking facility first; I really don't want to have to pay extra for software that will enable post-production stacking. I fear Fuji won't do this as I suspect its lenses can't be upgraded to allow those tiny motorised movements shifting the plane of focus - much in the same way that Olympus can only offer the facility on a limited number of its optics. I don't habitually shoot video, but if I did and was a Fuji user, the X-T3 certainly would grab my attention. Having said all that, if I could find a way to afford Fuji's medium format digital camera, I'd buy it in a trice and might even dump my beloved Contax 645 with its Hasselblad Ixpress back.
      Nice one Fujifilm!

4. dirk

dirk CI-Founder

Camera brand:
      many/ see my profile
      City/ Country:
      Germany
      Have you ever tried the Panasonic G9 in store for this? As far as I know this works with the Panasonic cameras with all lenses.

My opinion about the Fuji X-T3 is divided as the image quality of the X-T3 might not be better than the one of the X-T2/X-E3/X-Pro2. Everything else (Video, AF; Processor) seems to be significant better the the predecessor.

I guess we have to wait until wee see reviews about the image quality with production example in a couple of weeks.

The price of the X-T3 - although cheaper than X-T2 at launch - is still too high. IMHO, if you get fullframe for $2000 with IBIS, the X-T3 has to be discounted soon to sell well.

The advantage for us with all these new mirrorless systems of Nikon/Canon and maybe Panasonic is, that we will see very soon aggressive pricing strategies with promotions, bundles etc. I could imagine, that the X-T3 will sell very soon for $1299 instead of $1499. Maybe even lower. Depends also on their strategy with a X-H2.

5. biggles3

CI-Supporter

City/ Country:
      Wales
      Hi Dirk, I've not followed Panasonic's range closely and had heard from a MFT user that the G9 focus stacking capability is not as refined as that on the E-M1/E-M1 II as there are significant limits on the low shutter speeds and the Panny shoots focus stacking as a video and then extracts JPEGs from it. I'm sure that in general it works really well and if as you say it can work with all Panasonic lenses, then it offers greater scope than the Olympus. Certainly the G9 is cheaper than the E-M1 II - if I come across a s/h one at a good price, I may give it a try. I've never used an Olympus lens on a Panasonic body - I'm not sure if image stabilisation might be compromised as I thought the is function was contained in their lenses rather than the cameras. I have a lot to learn about Panasonic...

6. dirk

dirk CI-Founder

Camera brand:
      many/ see my profile
      City/ Country:
      Germany
      We should discus this in another thread. In the MFT forum. This will be not an easy yes/no answer :)