Utah and Arizona

Discussion in 'Advice for phototrips' started by sisterwolf, May 11, 2003.

1. sisterwolf

sisterwolf New Member

Hello, I am planning on leaving for the Southwest in 2 weeks. I am heading to Antelope Canyon and ending up in Arches, NP. Any tips, advice, ideas. This is the first time I will be venturing in the slot canyons. I am very excited!

2. drharris

drharris New Member

>Stay out of the slots if there is any chance of rain within 60 miles or so. They can be very dangerous in storm situations. Your close to Monument valley, capitol reef, glen canyon, arches, canyonlands, Zion, Bryce to name a few. All around Page and Moab is great. Grand Canyon south rim is another must.

You may still have a chance to get tickets to coyote buttes north, Paria canyon and catch the wave. There is a limit of 10 persons per day allowed there but they offer walk in permits to some even if the limit is net, they are booked through june but have a few openings in july and august. They book up 6 months in advance on the popular months and you can only get advanced reservations via their web site exclusively, https://www.az.blm.gov/paria I'll be back down there this October, hope you have a blast. The Southwest is my destination of choice for landscape work.

Dan